An Audi-Link allows an audiometer to communicate with NOAHaud. When you start an Audi-Link session, test results are recorded directly into NOAHaud.
|NOTE: In order for NOAHaud to communicate with an audiometer, you need to install the audiometer's Audi-Link driver (supplied by the audiometer manufacturer).
Installing an Audi-Link driver
You must install an Audi-Link driver for an audiometer before you can use Audi-Link.
Manufacturers of Audi-Link compatible audiometers are responsible for providing drivers that enable audiometers to communicate with NOAHaud.
The following generic installation procedure should work for most installations. However, you should refer to your audiometer manufacturer's documentation.
- In NOAHaud, click on Tools > Setup Audiometers.
- Insert the audiometer manufacturer's installation disk in your PC's drive.
- Click New. The Locate installation .ini file window opens.
- Use the pull-down menu at Look in to locate the drive containing the disk. The driver file - with an .ini extension - appears. (NOTE: If you cannot find this file, contact your manufacturer.)
- Select the driver file, then click Open. The installation program for the audiometer begins. You can now use Audi-Link for the associated audiometer.
Starting an Audi-Link session
Once the driver is installed for a particular audiometer, you can record test results directly.
- In NOAHaud, click Audiometers, then select an audiometer. Audi-Link transfers test results to NOAHaud.