Determine which measurement and fitting modules you need and ensure you have the installation files for these modules available.
- Are you a new NOAH System user? Contact your hearing instrument and audiological equipment manufacturers for the NOAH modules designed for their products.
- Are you upgrading from NOAH 2? Check whether your NOAH 2 modules are NOAH 3-compatible and, therefore, capable of running on NOAH System 3:
- Check each module's version number by opening the module and selecting About in the module's Help window.
- Check whether your module version number is NOAH 3-compatible by checking the Noah certified modules page. If your module is not NOAH 3-compatible, contact your manufacturer for the correct version.
You need Administrator rights in order to install NOAH System on Windows XP Professional or Windows 2000.
Backing up the database
If you already have a previous version of NOAH installed on your PC, you should back up your existing NOAH 2 or NOAH 3 database. Consult your NOAH User Manual for more details.
Time and support considerations
- Choose a date on which to install NOAH System. Upgrading a large NOAH database can take up to two hours.
- Notify your NOAH distributor (and the distributors of your modules, if required) of the date on which you plan to install NOAH System. Your distributor will then be prepared to offer support. Ensure you have Support telephone numbers for all your module distributors.
- Be sure to have a copy of the NOAH System Start Pack. This includes the NOAH installation CD and instructions.
- If you have not yet purchased a NOAH System permanent license, the NOAH System software will stop functioning after 45 days. For information on purchasing a license, contact your NOAH distributor.
If you plan to install NOAH System Network, please refer to the TCP/IP protocols and IP addresses link to the right of this page to find out how to prepare your TCP/IP protocols and IP addresses.