This error effects NOAH 3.6.1 or later installations.
After Microsoft updates, launching NOAH prompts the following error:
- Verify that you have the installation media for NOAH.
- Go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs
- Try to uninstall Microsoft .NET 1.1
- If .NET uninstalls successfully, it is likely not corrupt and your issue is related to a different problem. You will need to reinstall .NET 1.1 on your computer (see step 5 for more information).
- If unsuccessful uninstalling from Add Remove Programs, download the Microsoft provided dot net cleanup tool (use the link under Related Links).
- NOTE: The removal tool will remove all .NET versions on the computer. Many other programs could be affected. Note all versions of .NET on the PC will need to be reinstalled. The NOAH 3.6.1 CD has the install for .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, located at NOAH System\NOAHPreReq. Other versions of .NET can be downloaded from Microsoft or may be available on other installation media.
- Run the removal tool, select All Versions and then press Cleanup Now.
- Reboot and reinstall all .NET versions removed.
- Launch NOAH.