by Support Specialist Ann Monnens
To begin with, you will need to install Noah on the new machine. You can use the following procedure.
Important: If the new machine is a Noah server, the version on your Noah workstations will need to match the Noah version on the new server.
Now that Noah 4 is installed and licensed, you'll need to move the data from the old PC to the new.
- On your old PC, navigate to the Noah Console, Database Administration, and then click on the Backup button to back up the Noah database.
- Move the latest backup folder (with today’s date) from C:\Program Files\HIMSA\Noah 4\backup to the same location on your new computer.
- On your new PC, open Noah, navigate to the Noah Console, Database Administration, and then click on the Restore button. Choose the Noah database backup you just made and click Open. When the restore is complete, all of your Noah patient data and user accounts should now be moved to the new PC.
If the new computer is a standalone machine then you are done! You have installed, licensed, and moved the Noah database from an old computer to a new.
If the new machine is a server in a Noah network, use this procedure to:
- Ensure that all Noah workstations on your network are the same Noah version as the new Noah server.
- Point the Noah workstations on your network to the new Noah server.