In part 1, we showed you how to easily find out if all your Noah computers are on your office network
In part 2, we showed you how to share a single Noah database in five easy steps
Now in Part 3, we will show you how to easily merge patient records from one Noah computer database into another. This will ensure that all patient records and data from your Noah PCs will be contained in your shared office database.
Merging your patient records into the office database
First, choose a PC which contains patient data in its local Noah database. Now here is what you need to:
- Open Noah System, choose the local Noah Database and log in.
- In the File menu, chose Export Patients. You will see the Export Options dialog:
- Choose to export all patients, for use in another Noah installation and click OK. In the Save As window, name the export file and click Save to save the file on your computer.
- You will see a message when the export is complete. Click OK and then restart Noah.
- At the log in screen, choose your shared Office Database and log in.
- In the File menu, chose Import Patients. In the Open window, choose the file to import and click Open.
- The import will begin.
Some of the patients from your import may already be in the office database. If so, you will see the import conflict screen. If this screen appears, select Merge if you would like to review each patient record. You can compare birth date and /or demographics to confirm that the patients match. Choose Merge All to simply merge all the records. This will ensure that all patient data from the local database will be imported and combined with the data on the office (server) database.
- When the import is complete, click on the Finish button. The records from your local database will now be included in your shared office database.
Repeat these steps for all other PCs in your office which contain patient data in their local Noah database.