Error 1721 indicates a problem with the Windows Installer package.
Download, unzip, and run the PreventNoahAud3Uninstall.bat file (posted in the right-hand column)
Running the PreventNoahAud3Uninstall.bat file will prevent Noahaud from being uninstalled as part of the installation of the Noah Audiogram module. The uninstall uses a script to remove the outdated Noahaud module and this script can be blocked by antivirus software.
Disable Antivirus software.
There have been reports of the Audiogram Module installation being blocked by anti-virus software. You will need to disable the anti-virus to allow the installation to complete.
Reports have included Trend Micro, Cylance, and Sophos antivirus packages, but may not be limited to these specifically.
A link to Cylance Support site is provided at end of Solution 1. Steps to work around in Sophos are below:
- Login to Sophos and navigate to the Dashboard
- Choose the PROTECTION Tab
- Select to Disable real-time protection
- Install the Noah 4 Audiogram Module
- Launch Noah and verify module is successfully installed
- Navigate back to PROTECTION Tab and re enable real-time protection
Link to Cylance Support site:
The Windows Installer program must be re-registered:
- Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
- Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass.
Try the installation of the Noah 4 Audiogram module again.