After installing and configuring your NOAHlink (refer to the links on the right of this page), follow the instructions below when using NOAHlink.
Warning: Always keep the charger cradle away from the patient area.
1. Remove NOAHlink from its charger cradle. Switch on your NOAHlink by pressing the button at the front of the unit until the middle light displays. A self-test occurs every time you do this. The following explains the different LED (light-emitting diode) displays that may occur during the self-test, depending on the power status of the battery:
Power status ‘OK’: LED displays green light for five seconds
Power status ‘Low’ (battery low): LED displays flashing yellow/orange light for five seconds
Power status ‘Error’: LED displays flashing red light for 30 seconds, then NOAHlink powers off. If you repeatedly experience a Power status error (blinking red light) during the NOAHlink self-test, you will need to send your NOAHlink in for repair.
2. Once the self-test has been completed, your NOAHlink will display different LEDs depending on the power status or whether the unit is communicating with your PC. The following outlines the different possibilities:
Communicating with PC:
Power status ‘OK’: LED displays a quickly flashing green light
Power status ‘Low’ (battery low): LED displays a quickly flashing yellow/orange light
Not communicating with PC:
Power status ‘OK’: LED displays a flashing green light every three seconds
Power status ‘Low’ (battery low): LED displays a flashing yellow/orange light every three seconds
3. Attach the cable/s (recommended by the hearing instrument manufacturers) for the programmable hearing instrument/s to the connector/s at the top of the NOAHlink unit.
4. Attach one plastic attachment button of the neck string to your NOAHlink. Place the string around the neck of your patient and attach the remaining neck string to the empty attachment point on your NOAHlink.
5. Adjust the length of the neck string if necessary to ensure a comfortable fit on the patient.
6 Connect NOAHlink to the hearing instruments via the cables attached to the top of the unit.
7. Ensure the patient is not more than five meters from your PC.
8. Start the fitting module in Noah System or a Noah compatible management system and use this module to programming the hearing instrument.
NOTE: Only Noah fitting modules which support NOAHlink can be used. Refer to the links on the right of this page for more details.
9. Switch off your NOAHlink when you have finished using the device by pressing the button at the front of the unit until all lights no longer display.
NOTE: If your NOAHlink remains idle for more than 30 minutes, or if it is placed in the charger, it will automatically turn itself off.