If the Laird/Ezurio driver is installed and you wish to uninstall it and use the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack, the following steps should be performed:
1. Unplug the Bluetooth adapter.
2. In the Control Panel go to Add or Remove Programs. Find the Laird/Ezurio Bluetooth Software and select Remove. This will remove the driver for the Laird/Ezurio Bluetooth stack from your system.
3. Reboot your PC.
4. Plug in your Bluetooth adapter. Windows will install the Microsoft Bluetooth stack on your system. When Microsoft driver install is complete you will see:
5. If after plugging in your Laird/Ezurio adapter you do not see the message that your hardware is installed and ready to use, follow the additional steps below:
- Make sure that you are able to see Hidden Files. This option is set in Control Panel->Folder Options->View, by selecting Show hidden files and folders.
- Next, launch My Computer and locate the file: C:\WINDOWS\inf\bth.bak. Rename that file to C:\WINDOWS\inf\bth.inf.
- Plug in your Bluetooth adapter. Windows will install the Microsoft Bluetooth stack on your system. Message will tell you your hardware is installed and ready to use.
6. Turn the NOAHlink ON.
7. Launch the NOAHlink Pairing Wizard: (Alternatively the Microsoft Bluetooth stack can be setup using the Microsoft interface Bluetooth Device.)
8. Search for the NOAHlink. When located select Pair NOAHlink.
9. Launch NOAHlink Properties and Search and then Connect the NOAHlink.
10. Disconnect and close NOAHlink Properties. The NOAHlink is successfully setup using the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers.